Salsa is the result of fusion of traditional music in Cuba and Africa. Latin countries, however, have also put their own twist on the dance. Of all the ballroom dances, salsa is one of the most simple rhythm dances with an 8-beat pattern. Most of the dance movements are reflected in the hips. This being said, ideal salsa ballroom dresses are those that can perfectly accentuate and allow movements of the hips.
Short salsa dresses are the top choice of experienced dancers. These costumes exude elegance and sophistication while offering utmost comfort and sexiness. Short dresses compliment the sensual and fun nature of salsa. Then again, there are different considerations that women should keep in mind when buying short salsa dresses.
1. Make sure the dress can emphasize and show body movements. Test the dress by observing its flare when you spin. It is also imperative to get a dress styled to flow with the dance.
2. Salsa dresses are supposed to be bare on the arms. Spaghetti straps are the most common features of salsa dresses but the styling of the costume depends on the preference of the dancer. It is best to get a cut where women can be most comfortable with.
3. Pay close attention to the cleavage, shoulder or legs. The perfect salsa ballroom dresses make the shoulders look sexier. The key is to pick dresses made of stretchy fabrics that are snug on the curves. Pretty straps also help in achieving a good silhouette. The cleavage can be well complimented with a front deep V-cuts, while the legs can look their best with irregular cut in the hems that can frame the dancer’s thighs in the most flattering way possible.
4. Salsa clubs are usually extremely hot and steamy. It is then imperative for the dancers to pick a breathable and soft material that can maintain body temperature. This way, dancers can still look their best on the dance floor and avoid being drenched in sweat at the end of their performance.
5. The color of the dress should be carefully chosen as this would reflect the individuality of the dancer, along with the energy and vigor of the dance. Red salsa ballroom dresses has been the most popular choice over the years, but pieces in black or white or a combination of both also face significant demands.
6. Integrating sparkles and bling can make the dress more attention grabbing. Silver embellishments on black salsa dress can make it more stunning and stylish at the same time, while gold sparkles on a red dress can exude sensuality and power.
7. It is best to pick a dress that cannot only be worn on competitions. Remember that a lot of salsa ballroom dress can be worn even in night-outs and prom nights. Invest in an androgynous piece that can make you look trendy at any casual or semi-formal occasion.
Remember that the goal in buying salsa ballroom dresses is to get a costume that can facilitate movement. The attractiveness of the dress doesn’t count when the wearer in uncomfortable and the cut does limits the movements of the dancer. Pick a stretchy as much as possible.