Many brides usually have a lot of apprehension in wearing strapless wedding dresses. For one, they would often question whether their body type is right for these gowns. Women also end up giving more attention to the skin they flaunt during the wedding other than the ceremony itself, thus destroying the serenity of their special moments.
There are, however, brides who brave their way to the racks of many stores where strapless wedding dresses hung. If you are one of these brides, there are several reminders that should be kept in mind:
1. Make sure the arms are well toned when wearing a strapless dress to the wedding, as these pieces are known to display and sometimes highlight the flaws of upper torsos and arms,
2. Brides with shorter arms are not supposed to wear strapless gowns. These dresses are notorious for making the arms look shorter and bigger while making the shoulders appear wider. Women who are extra skinny would also look frail and unhealthy in these pieces, as well as those who are busty. Strapless gowns would just enhance the bulkiness of the upper body and may make the silhouette similar to those of football players?.
3. Strapless wedding gowns are not suitable for formal ceremonies as these do not provide enough coverage while falling short to the taste of conservative guests. Spiritual leaders of some churches suggest brides to veer away from wearing these dresses. In some cases, they strictly prohibit strapless gowns during the ceremony.
4. Take note of your posture especially while being photographed. The issue with strapless gowns is that they make the bride look shorter or bulkier in photos, especially when the wearer is slouching. Remember to straighten your back and lift your chin while standing still during the photo shoots.
5. Wear proper underwear. Buy a strapless bra that can well fit in your bust. Choosing one that is too tight may result to having bulges in the wrong places and obstruct breathing. Too loose underwear, on the other hand, may fall off while the bride is dancing. Constantly pulling up the underwear may also distract the guests during the ceremony.
6. On the plus size, brides can experiments with jewelries and accessories with strapless wedding dresses. Large pieces of earrings or necklaces would rarely look overpower the dress because of the skin revealed. Brides can even wear long gloves with the pieces.
7. Wear your hair up to emphasize femininely soft shoulders and collar bones. Brides, however, sometimes look good when their hair is loose with the dress. Big curls are in-style in the current fashion season, as well as super straight hair with few embellishments like tiny stones or flowers.
Note that strapless wedding dresses exudes classic elegant look, but not all can pull off this look. It is not easy to find the most perfectly fitting dress that can make them look stunning on the aisle. If you are second guessing your ability to fit this type of gown, it is always better to listen to you intuition to avoid spoiling your exchange of vows.