It is never too late to find the right man to exchange vows with on a very special day.
So amidst the world?s seeming craze and teenage mothers, there are still a lot of brides who prefer to be wed at a more mature stage. They are, sometimes, re-married and few simply aim to be secured first before entering a lifetime commitment. But whatever the reason is, love always seem to be the bottom point of walking down the aisle and exchanging I do?s.
While it is easy to picture a happily ever after (with a principle that age really does not and won?t ever matter), it is tricky for older brides to get the perfect dress for their wedding. For one, numerous fashion designers today cater to younger generation and create dresses that may look a little too juvenile for more mature brides.
Vintage shops, are of course, an option but classic gowns can either be too pricey or too out of style, if not low quality. The trick is to invest time and effort in scouring over a lot of weddings stores and boutiques, taking into consideration the bride?s personal style and attitude in searching for wedding dresses for older brides. Some fashion experts with tight etiquette stuck up their noses on remarrying brides who choose to wear white or follow trends.
This, however, should not stop the bride from going for what she wants to be happy at her special day. Just remember to follow these tips in buying wedding dresses for older brides to please not only the groom, but also the prying eyes of fashion experts:
1. Style according to your preference, but put taste and elegance above all. Mature brides traditionally wear skirts or pantsuit in cream, beige or white color. These hues are probably the most ?appropriate? wedding dresses for older brides for their weddings. Then again, older brides should not feel coerced to wear a suit, especially when the pieces are not flattering on them. Older women can in fact experiment with the dresses? colors and length.
2. Should older brides feel like following etiquette and veer away from wearing white, vibrant colors can be the best option. Wearing dresses in purple or red can match today?s modern fashion trends. Pastel colors can also give feel of femme and compliment the personality of many mature brides.
3. Flatter with Fit. No matter what style, cut, color, or length the wedding dresses for older brides are, the gowns should fit and look flattering on the body. Brides who are comfortable with snug clothes may pick a dress that can skim the body, while women who feel more confident with looser fit can opt to go for an empire-wait of a-line pieces. Just remember to go on a consultation with a personal stylist to find out which cut is the most appropriate for the body type.
4. As a general rule, skip dresses that you might have worn the first time around. This means that brides who are old enough to have worn a style of dress in a particular era should avoid shopping at vintage shops, if they don?t want to be the subject of ridicule. The same rule applies to remarrying brides. Skip a style similar to the dress you have worn on the first wedding.
5. Lastly, dress according to your body and never according to your age.